Tuesday, February 22, 2011

St Thomas US Virgin Island

 

silver title

Wednesday February 9, 2011

St Thomas USVI

Good Morning US Virgin Islands – the view from deck 14 as the sun came up was spectacular.

406

 

cruisepics-74

 

cruisepics-75

 

cruisepics-77

The captain of the Pearl literally parallel parked the behemoth in between two other ships docked at St Thomas. There were no tugboats involved. I would have never believed it unless I saw it myself!

cruisepics-93

Our excursion to St John was later in the day so Tim and flagged a taxi and went into town. Four bucks for a taxi anywhere – kind of a deal wouldn’t you say?

cruisepics-80

 

cruisepics-82

If we got asked once, we got asked a dozen times if we wanted to buy jewelry. Really?? Do I look like a jewelry kind of girl?

cruisepics-81

 

cruisepics-83

 

cruisepics-84

 

cruisepics-85

 

cruisepics-86

 

cruisepics-87

We rode a gondola looking kind of thing up the side of a mountain which was really fun and a little scary.  The view from the top was worth the slightly swinging car.

cruisepics-88

 

cruisepics-90

 

cruisepics-91

We had just enough time to go back to the ship for some lunch and change into our snorkeling attire before our boat ride to St John. I was too chicken to bring my camera since I wanted to snorkel so I left it on the boat.  I could kick myself for that one. 

We did buy a disposable underwater for fifteen bucks which captured the proof I was actually in the ocean at the same time as my husband – a first in our marriage.

cruisepics-213

 

cruisepics-214

 

cruisepics-215

 

cruisepics-216

 

cruisepics-217

 

cruisepics-218

 

cruisepics-219

 

cruisepics-220

 

cruisepics-221

NPdaily0209

No comments: