Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pantry Pie


Here's the cheesecake pie I made with only items that I had in my refrigerator and my pantry. The strawberries were the extras I didn't need from a baby shower dish I made yesterday. Here's the recipe.

Graham Cracker Crust -- which I had in my pantry (otherwise I would have used the actual graham crackers in my pantry with a little melted butter)

The filling = 1 can of sweetened condensed milk -- oops, didn't have that one so I made my own. Here's that recipe: 1/2 cup hot water -- put in blender, add 1 cup powdered milk (from the cannery) and 1 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of butter -- high speed for 3 minutes -- voila... sweetened condensed milk.

Back to the filling -- into your sweetened condensed milk add 8 oz cream cheese (not low fat -- it won't work), 1/3 cup lemon juice, 1 teaspoon real vanilla. Mix up in the blender for additional two minutes (it should be getting thick)

Pour into your graham cracker pie crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes then top with whatever you like -- cherry pie filling or whatever. I used the strawberries just by them selves and it was delicious. The cheesecake pie is very rich and thick.

Lest you think I am the bomb for thinking up this recipe -- can't let you think that.. the recipe comes from Crystal Godfrey's Milk Handout at everydayfoodstorage.net .

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Too late...I already think you are "the bomb," even if you didn't come up with the recipe!