Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mystery Chin Attack...

Okay I realize this not the most flattering picture of my chin but for posterity sake I am inclined to blog about it.

Initially I explained the symptoms to my favorite Nurse Practitioner who suggested it could be Shingles. When I went to see her the next day the diagnosis of Herpes Zoster aka Shingles was ruled out. It is more likely another Herpes relative (HSV 1) -- which is very different from it's floozy cousin (HSV 2) which I never want to get. Truthfully I hate referring to anything on my body as Herpes anything even though that is official medical terminology. In laymans terms I have a monster cold sore, which fortunately there is good medicine for.

That's my story... and I'm sticking to it -- stuck in my domicile at least until my face clears up sufficiently to be seen in public. FAQ's to follow:

Yes -- it hurts and itches and oozes.
No -- I am not sharing drinks or kisses with anyone -- I don't care how many times they ask.
Yes -- I wash my hands a million times a day -- I'm not sharing this with any of my friends.
and No -- I have no idea how I got this since I have the most stress free life ever.

4 comments:

Keolani said...

Will I get filtered out if I mention that's grossest thing I've seen all day? Hope you feel better soon.

Leslie said...

Ouch! I hope it doesn't hurt too much and that it heals up FAST!

Anonymous said...

I would have to say after looking at this picture again...it is better today!!! I will call and check in on you tomorrow!!

Unknown said...

As a fellow cold sore sufferer...I feel your pain!